This is a key role, suitable for those who have an understanding and empathy for SfP through its events and publications and who wish to contribute to its growth and future success. The role is part of the SfP Management Team and requires a regular commitment of 3-4 hours per week. An hourly rate will be payable, negotiable according to experience.
The role will include the following activities:
• Create SfP’s annual budgets and targets and track performance and projections throughout the year.
• Support the trustees and management team on all financial matters, taking responsibility for decisions, supporting reporting, and providing budgeting guidance.
• Develop continued improvements to financial reporting and seek efficiencies in financial operations wherever possible.
• Undertake day-to-day financial processing, with support from the finance assistant, including the management of online accounts and financial reporting, all invoicing, expense payment, and monitoring of all income and expenditure.
• Work with the fundraising lead to support grant applications.
• Prepare accounting documentation for use by SfP’s accountant each year.
The successful candidate will demonstrate all of these to a consistently high standard:
• Good knowledge of financial processes and keen financial acumen, preferably with prior experience of day-to-day management of the finances for an organisation.
• Experience of budget planning.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including spreadsheet formula and pivot tables.
• Keen attention to detail.
• The ability to manage their workload as independently as possible.
General attributes for SfP team members:
• They are expected to take a proactive approach towards the overall well-being of the charity.
• They should show an understanding of the ethos that underpins SfP and its francophone ‘A Coeur Joie’ parent movement, the fostering of good relationships and the breaking down of barriers through the promotion of singing together in as accessible a manner as possible.
• They will handle confidential personal and financial data and will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to commencing the role. Absolute discretion is required by all team members when carrying out their duties.
How to apply:
Suitably qualified candidates wishing to apply for the position should email a copy of their CV, together with a covering letter outlining why they would like to be considered, at the earliest date to Stephen Gregson, Interim Chief Executive at email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 5 June